Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- We won't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes without an option to opt out.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Comment forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- MarketNexus Media does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If MarketNexus Media learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, MarketNexus Media will remove that post.
- MarketNexus Media, or people who post on MarketNexus Media websites, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Data we collect
- We collect your name and email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, notifying you of your subscription benefits, etc.
- For paid subscriptions and events, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for service fulfillment and billing purposes.
- MarketNexus Media does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on our forums that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the MarketNexus Media site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Data we store
- All postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Registered posters can access and update their account information through the account homepage.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving and display of MarketNexus Media postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with MarketNexus Media - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available MarketNexus Media postings.
Circumstances in which MarketNexus Media may release information
- MarketNexus Media is a news organization protected by the Constitution of the United States and the anti-SLAPP and press shield laws of the State of California. We will vigorously defend against unwarranted attempts to obtain disclosure of sources and reporting notes used in the development of our articles and research. MarketNexus Media may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to valid subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of MarketNexus Media we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document.